After brokering real estate and especially people’s homes and dreams for over a decade, it has always hit me hard that the process is as important as the desired end-result we all seek – a smooth and uneventful  transaction.

Inside of that, most consumers and people looking for a new home for sale or who are looking to sell their residence, look to a Realtor®.

As you start choosing what you want in a Realtor®, focus on the process.  That process should include a degree of education that allows you to follow along in the transaction with comfort.  It is not necessary to know everything it has taken your Realtor years to learn - experience is a good teacher – and yet I would encourage you to still have a sense of “Real Estate 101”, so that you are at some ease with the home buying/selling process. 

Here are a few pointers and “what-to-look-fors”  in your processes:

  • An overview from your Realtor® on what to expect as you move forward
  • A brief on who is responsible for what in each step of the process
  • Pros and cons of various applications and what to expect as that application comes up in your process – things like:
  • ­The loan/lending process and its deadlines
  • Home inspections (the various types and which ones are needed) and theirs various steps, options, consequences, and deadlines
  • Home Owner’s Association rights, disclosures and their options and deadlines
  • All points of contingency (passive and active), removals, and their deadlines

A good Realtor® will recognize your situation and concerns…and work with empathy and discretion, while keeping your best interests in mind for your best possible outcome.

Make sure you are being educated throughout the process, and communicate with your Realtor as to your wants and needs.

We have published a handbook for both home buyers and sellers, and they can be found at  These are great starting points – as we wish you the very best when it comes to comfortable and hassle-free transactions that maximize your time, money, and true goals of real estate ownership.

Give us 1% of your confidence and we’ll earn the other 99%!

Posted by PollyAnna Snyder on


Email Send a link to post via Email

Leave A Comment

Please note that your email address is kept private upon posting.